Thinking about a Holiday at Hawks Nest Tea Gardens?
Are you looking for a quiet location not far from Sydney and just past Newcastle? A holiday in Hawks Nest Tea Gardens could be what you seek. With the Myall River separating Tea Gardens From Hawks Nest, a large stretch and at Bennets Beach, Jimmy’s Beach overlooking Port Stephens and Myall Lakes National Park up the Mungo Brush Rd, this place has a bit of everything for everyone.
Things to do in Hawks Nest Tea Gardens
Tea Gardens and Hawks Nest NSW has almost everything for outdoors lovers.
- Dolphin watching, Swimming, Surfing, Snorkeling
- Fishing, in the Myall River, at Jimmy’s Beach, Bennets Beach, Litte Gibber, Deep Sea
- Golf, Hawks nest has a great 18 Hole Golf Course
- Hiking up the Yakabba Headland or along the beaches and dunes
- Koala sanctuary at Hawks Nest
- 4wd along the beach (permit required)
- Many Camping sites in the Myall Lakes National Park
- Food, plenty of restaurants, a pub, Hawks Nest Golf Club, Tea Gardens Pub and Tea Gardens Bowling Club
Where is Hawks Nest Tea Gardens in NSW?
Tea Gardens and Hawks Nest is:
- Tea Gardens / Hawks Nest is about two and half hours drive from Sydney
- About a 1 hour drive past Newcastle in New South Wales. Tea Gardens is Located on the Myall River at the entrance to the Myall Lakes.
- Hawks Nest has Bennetts beach to the east, Port Stephens to the south of it, the Myall River to the west and Myall lakes National Park to the North.
- It is located on the north side of Port Stephens, you can see Jimmy’s Beach across Port Stephens from Nelson Bay on a clear day.
Tea Gardens Ferry to Nelson Bay
There is also a Ferry service that runs from Tea Gardens to Nelson Bay hourly or so depending on the time of year. It’s a nice little boat ride and often you’ll be lucky enough to be visited by a pod of dolphins and if you’re extra lucky you might catch a whale sighting during whale migrating season.
Accommodation Hawks Nest NSW
Being a town that thrives on visiting tourists and holidaymakers accommodation in Hawks Nest isn’t hard to find. Unless you’re looking at peak times such as Christmas and Easter Holidays where you’ll probably have to book ahead. You have a selection of campgrounds, caravan parks, cabins, and Hawks Nests motels & resorts. There’s so much available
There’s so much available accommodation in Hawks Nest that due to us purposely planning our stay outside of off-peak times we grab some really great deals from the major online bookings sites.
Accommodation Tea Gardens NSW
Likewise, you’ll find plenty of accommodation in Tea Gardens as well. You have the choice of places to stay such as the Tea Gardens hotel-motel which is attached to the Tea Gardens pub on the Myall River. If you’re up for a touch of luxury go for the Boathouse Resort Tea Gardens we’ve caught ourselves a bargain here in off-peak periods.